Welcome to Publications
Please choose from the following topics for a list of publications, which will take you to our repository on Digital Commons.
You can also search by keyword by using the search box on the right side of this page.
- Rural-Urban Differences in the Decline of Adolescent Cigarette Smoking.OBJECTIVES: To examine change over time in cigarette smoking among rural and urban adolescents and to test whether rates of… Read more »
- Implementation of the Flex Program's Innovative Models Program Area: Final Evaluation ReportIn the Fiscal Year 2015 Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Grant Guidance, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy added a… Read more »
- Association Between Rurality and Lung Cancer Treatment Characteristics and TimelinessBACKGROUND: Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related mortality in the United States, and rural states bear a greater… Read more »
- Advancing Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural America: Executive SummaryThe objectives of the comprehensive report were to: examine rates and patterns of commercial tobacco use across rural subpopulations; explore… Read more »
- Advancing Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural AmericaCommercial tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death in the United States. Rural communities continue… Read more »
- Long-Term Services and Supports Use Among Older Medicare Beneficiaries in Rural and Urban AreasAnalyzing the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey, authors from the Maine Rural Health Research Center found that compared to their urban… Read more »
- Improving Rural Systems of Care for Time Critical Diagnoses: A Review of State Flex Program ActivitiesThis paper examines the efforts of state Flex programs to support the development of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) time critical… Read more »
- Assessing the Unintended Consequences of Health Policy on Rural Populations and PlacesThe purpose of this paper is to illuminate the unintended consequences of health policy so that past is not prologue… Read more »
- Critical Access Hospitals' Community Benefit Activities: An Updated ReviewThis Briefing Paper, a companion to Briefing Paper #39, examines community benefit data from the IRS Form 990, Return of… Read more »