Welcome to Publications
Please choose from the following topics for a list of publications, which will take you to our repository on Digital Commons.
You can also search by keyword by using the search box on the right side of this page.
- Community Impact and Benefit Activities of Critical Access, Other Rural, and Urban Hospitals, 2017Non-profit and publicly-owned hospitals, including Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), have obligations to address the health needs of their communities, with… Read more »
- Rural-Urban Differences in the Decline of Adolescent Cigarette Smoking.OBJECTIVES: To examine change over time in cigarette smoking among rural and urban adolescents and to test whether rates of… Read more »
- Implementation of the Flex Program's Innovative Models Program Area: Final Evaluation ReportIn the Fiscal Year 2015 Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Grant Guidance, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy added a… Read more »
- Association Between Rurality and Lung Cancer Treatment Characteristics and TimelinessBACKGROUND: Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related mortality in the United States, and rural states bear a greater… Read more »
- Advancing Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural America: Executive SummaryThe objectives of the comprehensive report were to: examine rates and patterns of commercial tobacco use across rural subpopulations; explore… Read more »
- Advancing Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural AmericaCommercial tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death in the United States. Rural communities continue… Read more »
- Long-Term Services and Supports Use Among Older Medicare Beneficiaries in Rural and Urban AreasAnalyzing the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey, authors from the Maine Rural Health Research Center found that compared to their urban… Read more »
- Health Status and Access to Care among Maine's Low-Income Childless Adults: Implications for State Medicaid ExpansionThe Affordable Care Act allows states to expand Medicaid coverage to low-income childless adults with income at or below 138… Read more »
- Improving Rural Systems of Care for Time Critical Diagnoses: A Review of State Flex Program ActivitiesThis paper examines the efforts of state Flex programs to support the development of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) time critical… Read more »