Welcome to Publications
Please choose from the following topics for a list of publications, which will take you to our repository on Digital Commons.
You can also search by keyword by using the search box on the right side of this page.
- Association Between Rurality and Lung Cancer Treatment Characteristics and TimelinessBACKGROUND: Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related mortality in the United States, and rural states bear a greater… Read more »
- Sociodemographic and Health Status Characteristics of Maine's Newly Eligible Medicaid Beneficiaries [Data Brief]This data brief identifies key characteristics of groups who will gain access through MaineCare expansion. Researchers Croll and Ziller at… Read more »
- How Did We Get Here? Rural Health Challenges in America [Podcast]In this podcast, Drs. Ziller and Jonk of the Maine Rural Health Research Center discuss the modern issues and challenges… Read more »
- Female Age at First Sexual Intercourse by Rural-Urban Residence and Birth Cohort.BACKGROUND: Previous studies have examined timing of sexual initiation in the United States, but little is known about rural-urban differences… Read more »
- Community Impact and Benefit Activities of Critical Access, Other Rural, and Urban Hospitals, 2017Non-profit and publicly-owned hospitals, including Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), have obligations to address the health needs of their communities, with… Read more »
- Rural-Urban Differences in the Decline of Adolescent Cigarette Smoking.OBJECTIVES: To examine change over time in cigarette smoking among rural and urban adolescents and to test whether rates of… Read more »